Sunday, September 03, 2006

"I Wanna Be A Soap Star"

Hosted by All My Children star, Cameron Mathison, this reality series debuted on SOAPnet in 2004. It's judges include film and daytime television actress Debbi Morgan, AMC casting director Judy Blye Wilson, who replaced General Hospital casting director, Mark Teschner, and agent Michael Bruno. The one thing I don't like about this show is that the first winner, Mykel Shannon-Jenkins, was given a role as a police officer named Officer Byron Murphy. Here, he obviously played an extra, whose character was later shot and killed by Jesse Beaudry in July 2005. In the second season, winner Alec Musser, received a contract role as Del Henry, who was the second actor on All My Children to portray this character. His first air date was August 19, 2005. In the third season, winner, Mikey Jerome received a contract role with One Life To Live as Ted. His first air date was August 11, 2006. Mikey Jerome was not my choice for the part. Frankly, I think Kelly McCarry was a more talented actor. The show airs on Thursdays at 11 p.m., Eastern Time.

No comments: