Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The "Death" of John McBain


Just when Natalie and John finally make peace with their past and their anxieties about a long-lasting relationship, an automobile accident ruins everything. After Bo and John's brother, Michael, receive the news of the crash, they finally arrive at the crash site. Apparently, there is a badly, burned body, with John's police badge lying next to it. When Michael finds the St. Jude's medal with the corpse, he and Bo assume it is John. Well, as previously stated in another post on my blog, Michael Easton, who portrays John McBain, just re-signed his contract with "One Life to Live." What this means, is that John's character may not be dead. Furthermore, I think I saw an upcoming episode, where John is still alive, while his family, friends, and co-workers mourn for and bury someone else. This is quite typical for a soap opera. Often, characters are presumed dead, while their loved ones mourn, move on with their lives, and end up falling in love or starting relationships with other people. Then, a few months or years later, the "dead" person suddenly resurfaces, with the attitude, "Hello, honey, I'm home!"

5 comments:

www.Fabu-licious.com said...

Hi,

You definitely know your stuff when it comes to soap.. will be back to check out more.
Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

A great site and I added you to my friends list. I do watch these soaps but sometimes miss them as I get really busy and dont bother to DVR them. Thanks for keeping me up to date!

Unknown said...

...i was looking for a way to help you since you're new here too so i put a link to your blog in mine...

ps: this isnt comment. i just couldnt find another way to contact you. anyway nice work and i wish you goodluck

Rach said...

Hi. Relly informative site - you're a big fan of soaps! I remember Dallas and Dynasty and used to watch them regularly. Was gutted when they stopped. Some of the others you cover I'm not so familiar with - could be the geography!
Thanks for stopping by my site and I'll keep popping into yours for updates - do you cover "24"? Not quite a soap I know but definately as addictive.

Rachel
www.firstmemories.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I have to say I have never seen this blog before and I am so upset! I LOVE it! Thanks for coming by mine! I am a soap fanatic!